Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Second crops and finding treasures

I should have posted this almost 2 weeks ago. But was not very diligent with the computer time.


I’m so happy that the second crop of peas is blossoming out. I wasn’t sure if they would with all the heat we’ve been having. These blossoms are so pretty. I wish they would last for flower arrangements.





We hated to do this but had no choice. With the amount of overgrowth between the garden and the picket fence, there was no telling what was a “good” plant and what was a weed. And then there would be the issue of getting to it! So Joe weed wacked the entire bed. I’ll be waiting another week or two to see what begins to sprout and leaf out; dig up and pot what I want to save; then we will dig up all the roots in this area and replant. It is the only way to get through this bed that was neglected for 12 years. I’ve already found some lupine, a rose bush (which he didn’t whack and will remain where it is), chives, irises, some variegated euonymus, and phlox. It is truly like opening boxes on Christmas morning.


Tomorrow I will get caught up in the garden after being away for 10 days. Thank you Joe for keeping up with the watering and weeding. I knew there was a reason I loved this guy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment