Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Welcome To My Dirt


Welcome to my little corner of this earth. Seven years ago I had a huge garden when living in another state. I haven't had the time or space for one, until now. A property purchase last year has enabled me to dream of planning, planting, weeding and harvesting my next generation garden.

The area I've chosen has not been even mowed for 6 years. But it gets sun from sun up to sun down. This will prove extremely handy since I live above 44 degrees latitude. It is April 12th and we still have some snow on the ground. Yes, a very short season. So I will be looking for avenues to extend the season.

I will also be dealing with lots of critter control. Although we live in town, this area has lots of deer, woodchucks, skunks, some moles and an occasional bear or moose. I think a good fence will be in order and want to remain as organic as I feasibly can.

So sit back and enjoy the journey of building this garden from the hay up with me. Feel free to chime in to offer tips and comments anytime. I look forward to my new garden in the north country. Welcome to my dirt!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD....HAVE FUN...IF YOU NEED ANY HELP. PICK ME PICK ME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to have a garden helper. Feel free to come by anytime! Thorny should be here in June on her way to the NE Reunion. Think I should remind her to bring her garden gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol i will remember gloves too. lmao....really wish i could come i need to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I could come dig with you! I see a few blisters in someones future! Madeline

    ReplyDelete