Thursday, April 28, 2011

Finding a Direction

My Wednesday was beautiful. The forecast was for showers. But we lucked out with sunshine ALL DAY! I spent a good part of the day cutting back some winter kill and weeding out some flower beds in preparation of Erika Kraus arriving at 4. Erika was so wonderful and informative. Which tree seedlings were trashy, what should be divided, what weeds should be taken out, and helped me identify some plants and focus on a direction to go in to begin the massive project of the garden beds restoration. We found some blood wort hiding under some lilac.


Today it is a torrential downpour and is keeping me indoors. So I’ve taken my garden tools in; cleaned and oiled them. I even washed my garden gloves with anticipation of getting back out there tomorrow.

Thanks again Erika!

No comments:

Post a Comment