Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What A Difference A Few Extra Hours Can Make

Tuesday was an early day. I had to follow the hubby to the garage for work to be done on his truck. Then drive him to work and then get me back home again. What an ungodly hour. I never get up that early! But I took advantage of the rain holding off and jumped into some yard work. I forgot how much can be accomplished by affording ourselves those few extra hours each day.


The area inside the driveway island has a huge lilac in it. The area had edging but the lilac along with many wild blackberry and lilac runners had jumped that clean crisp black barrier and began making some havoc in the yard. It took a lot of digging but I managed to get half way around the area.


The heavy equipment was here today to fix a yard drainage issue and also some areas that were left in poor condition before the freeze set in this past winter after rehabbing the house. I checked out the status of the vege garden still under the tarps and was extremely disappointed that the tarps acted like a green house and the grass which we had previously burned was now about 8 inches high! I guess that does say something for the soil here though.


While they had the equipment here I had them dig up and turn top growth of the vege garden for me. If it stays dry (with any luck at all) I will be able to till it all on Friday and then again on Sunday. You know what that means? Planting in the new vege beds will begin next week!


I had so much fun today that I even hated to stop for dinner. If you try to call me tomorrow and get you answer, then you know that sun is out and my cell phone is off.


Late tonight. But I will post pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment